Saturday 8 October 2011

QNAP Turbo NAS TS-1079 Pro Review

Introduction

QNAP Turbo NAS TS-1079 Pro Review

Earlier this year I bought myself a QNAP TurboNAS TS-859 Pro+ and let me give you the tip - parting with my money on computer products is so hard that it's not even funny, because after doing what I do here for nine years, one of the best perks of the job is I really have the opportunity to build a lot of my own personal rigs at a very minimal cost.

At $1,549.99 US, though, it's equally the best piece of computer equipment I've bought, tieing with my three Dell U2711 monitors. During Computex we saw QNAP show off the TurboNAS TS-1079 Pro and having only had my TS-859 Pro+ for a few months, I thought, "This must be mine!"

With the TS-1079 Pro now in our hot little hands, it was time to see just what it brings to the table. We'll start off by checking out the main specifications of the TS-1079 Pro while we also look at the availability and pricing.

Once we've done that, we'll take a closer look at the software side of things before we dive into the package then check out the NAS itself to find out how everything sits. Then we'll get onto the performance side of things with the help of Intel NASPT software before we finally wrap everything up.

... Read the rest in your browser!

No comments:

Post a Comment