Saturday 18 June 2011

IN WIN BUC Mid Tower Chassis Review

IN WIN BUC Mid Tower Chassis Review

Introduction

Typically what I get from IN WIN has great designs and innovative ways of cooling their chassis, and both the color and concepts of their tool-free systems make these cases easy to use and I can tell them apart from most others from over 100 foot away with attributes such as the bright yellowish-green of all the fans and tool-free mechanisms. Setting yourself apart from the crowd is the name of the game, especially in a market so flooded with options. While you may not appreciate the coloring personally, I can think of another company, Noctua, that you know from as far as your eye can see that the tan and burgundy fan is indeed only from one maker. The same applies to IN WIN with almost every chassis I have seen to date.

While the Interiors tend to share most of the key features, as with any case designer, it's much cheaper to keep all the colors the same and re-use some of the components that are tried and true for the previous cases in the line-up. The old adage of, if it isn't broke don't fix it, applies everywhere, it's just in this type of market it can set a theme that becomes easily recognizable when the exterior of the chassis can go from completely artsy and has colors and structures with no real use but to look a certain way. I have also had a few chassis' that while still not my exact cup of tea, are cases I would recommend to other buyers because they offer a solid coloration, and while the design concept may be unique, they are a bit more sleek and less "ricer" than what I was originally seeing from IN WIN.

Today we are looking at a chassis that may be a mid tower, but takes traits from a couple of the later cases I just looked at; the Dragon Rider, and Dragon Slayer chassis exteriors. You will soon see the similarity in the exterior, along with a cool little lockable door on the side to give access to your hard drives; something that I have seen done, but not exactly like this. If this was a video review I might take 20 seconds to make fun of the name, as would Tosh.0 with anything this unusual, but I will simply stay away from the odd naming which I assume is pronounced "buck". Let's jump right in and see what specifications the BUC offers and how much it is going to set you back to get one and see if IN WIN has what it takes to draw your money in this competitive mid tower market.

... Read the rest in your browser!

No comments:

Post a Comment